Main Article Content
Presently, a video surveillance system is an important virtue for identifying crimes. The past works are related to crime detection using video surveillance are discussed here. The goals of this investigation want to provide a literature review about crime activity recognition using different techniques. The main demerits of video surveillance are facial utterance recognition and the method consumes more time for detecting the crime. An alert system provided in video surveillance improves the crime prediction and also it reduces the crime activity. This paper presents an overview of present and past reviews for developing future research. The published journals from 2000-2020 were analyzed to know about the video surveillance and crime detection methods in different sectors. A review of the analyzed researchers and their techniques are available in this paper. This survey is useful to improve the crime detection techniques using video surveillance. Moreover, it is a useful tool to gather information
How to Cite
Crime detection, Crime activity recognition, Video surveillance, Facial utterance
2. Welsh, Brandon C., and David P. Farrington. "Public area CCTV and crime prevention: an updated systematic review and meta‐analysis." Justice Quarterly 26.4 (2009): 716-745.
3. Gowsikhaa, D., S. Abirami, and Ramachandran Baskaran. "Automated human behavior analysis from surveillance videos: a survey." Artificial Intelligence Review 42.4 (2014): 747-765.
4. Wang, Xiaogang. "Intelligent multi-camera video surveillance: A review." Pattern recognition letters 34.1 (2013): 3-19.
5. Jeon, Eun Som, et al. "Human detection based on the generation of a background image by using a far-infrared light camera." Sensors 15.3 (2015): 6763-6788.
6. Xu, Zheng, Chuanping Hu, and Lin Mei. "Video structured description technology based intelligence analysis of surveillance videos for public security applications." Multimedia Tools and Applications 75.19 (2016): 12155-12172.
7. Robles, Rosslin John, et al. "A review on security in smart home development." International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology 15 (2010).
8. Marx, Gary T. "The engineering of social control: The search for the silver bullet." Crime and inequality (1995): 225-46.
9. Sannidhan, M. S., et al. "Evaluating the performance of face sketch generation using generative adversarial networks." Pattern Recognition Letters 128 (2019): 452-458.
10. Yang, Ming-Hsuan, David J. Kriegman, and Narendra Ahuja. "Detecting faces in images: A survey." IEEE Transactions on pattern analysis and machine intelligence 24.1 (2002): 34-58.