The SPAST members have been classified as follows:
1. Member: Are the Faculties, Employees, Post-doctoral fellows with affiliation to a University,
Institute or School.
2. Student Member: Are the Students with affiliation to a University, Institute or School.
3. Industry Member: Are the Employees of an Industrial organization, corporation, firm or
4. Skill Member: Are the people who seek to acquire new skillset under the skill training,
workshop programme. This classification is also applicable for individuals who do not have an
affiliation to any organization/industry/institute/university.
S.1.1. Procedure for Membership
All individuals seeking membership classes 1-3, must provide coloured digital copy of the authentic
identification card issues by their respective organization along with their completed application form.
For class-4, the individuals seeking skill membership there exists no such requirements. However,
authentic driver’s licence or voter card or Social identity card is necessary along with the completed
S.1.2. Membership fees
For year 2020-2021 yearly non-refundable fees structure adopted by the Executive Board, for all
classes of members is mentioned below:
1. Member- 2000 INR or 250 RMB or 30 USD
2. Student Member-1000 INR or 150 RMB or 15 USD
3. Industry Member- 7500 INR or 700 RMB or 100 USD
4. Skill Member- 1000 INR or 150 RMB or 15 USD.
S.1.3. Benefits and Limitation of each class of membership
For year 2020-2021 the membership benefits and limitations adopted by the Executive Board are as
Member: Is eligible for partial fee waiver for the open-access fees for Journals, conferences and
Student Member: Is eligible for partial fee waiver for the open-access fees for Journals, conferences
Industry Member: Is eligible for partial fee waiver for the open-access fees for Journals, conferences
Skill Member: Is not eligible for partial fee waiver for open-access fees for Journals and conferences.
However, is eligible for partial fee waiver and certificates for Workshops, tutorials.
Additionally, the Members and Student members are eligible to participate in annual research grant
competition (details covered in item S.2.)